Giv2 Aspirational Covenant
Role of the Connecticut Conference
Provide Administrative Support:
- Publicize Giv2 within the CT Conference at meetings and events.
- Communicate Giv2 chapter status to CT Conference staff.
- Gather data from interested individuals and congregations.
- Facilitate conversations between congregations wishing to form new chapters.
- Develop partnerships with non-profit work sites.
- Assist with brand development for t-shirt and other paraphernalia designed by team.
- Provide Training:
- Provide support for the Chapter Coordinator via email and monthly conference calls.
- Provide resources for theological reflection.
- Offer suggestions for non-profit work contacts.
- Provide a Training Manual with a roadmap for events.
- Conduct a year-end evaluation retreat.
- Post a Training Manual and other resources on the Conference website.
- Provide Financial Support:
- Subsidize Giv2 with OCWM and basic support dollars
- Mail invoices to participating churches in the spring and fall of the year.
- Hold the monies from the member churches and pay expenses for shirts and other supplies.
- Pay stipends to Chapter Coordinators.
Role of Chapter Coordinator
- Provide leadership for Planning Team
- Schedule and conduct meetings. Send follow-up minutes.
- Communicate with pastors at participating churches.
- Assist with publicity of scale for events.
- Monitor Giv2 FB page
- Provide bulletin inserts or newsletter info to churches
- Post photos
- Delegate tasks to Planning Team to research work sites and lead events.
- Oversee budget for the chapter.
- Serve as an ambassador by sharing the Giv2 stories.
- Recruit partner congregations and Planning Team leadership.
- Plan events to welcome (pass the torch)to incoming youth each year.
- Communicate with CT Conference
- Participate in Monthly Conference Call with other Chapter Leaders.
- Fill out event summary forms and submit to CT Conference. [ Event Summary Form (PDF)]
- Submit photos to CT Conference.
- Submit expenses to CT Conference.
- Attend annual Giv2 Training and Evaluation Retreat.
Role of Planning Team Members
- Meet 2 to 3 months prior to your September or January “Lift-Off” to brainstorm work sites and plan calendar.
- Plan a “Lift-Off” event to invite youth and adults to learn about Giv2.
- Meet on a regular basis with other team members.
- Maintain communication with other team members by email and phone.
- Relay info to your local church pastor, youth group, and congregation.
- Take responsibility for co-hosting one of the Giv2 events during the year.
- Recruit volunteers from your church to assist with publicity, food, registration and transportation on the day of the event.
- Follow up after the event with a report to your congregation (newsletter info, photos, quotes, website posting, etc.).
- Attend the year-end retreat to evaluate Giv2 ministry.
Role of Participating Congregations
- Pray for this program of outreach, the other collaborating congregations, the young people, and the communities that are involved.
- Name two representatives from your congregation to be active members of the Planning Team for this chapter.
- Provide financial support for the work for the upcoming year. This support is used by your chapter to provide training for your planning team, purchase Giv2 shirts and event supplies, and also a stipend for the work of your Chapter Coordinator. The cost is $200 per year to be paid two $100 installments in February and September of the year.