with Continental Breakfast served
9am- 12:30pm: Alyson Breisch MSN, RN-BC
Health Ministries Association Scope and Standards Workshop
Alyson Breisch will provide a focused workshop on the new trends in Faith Community Nursing/ Parish Nursing and Health Ministry to inform your professional practice. Nurses, clergy, and lay health ministers will benefit by increasing understanding of the opportunities that abound with this specialized area of nursing and ministry.
1. Discuss professional characteristics of faith community nursing practice.
2. Identify key trends included in 2016 Faith Community Nursing Scope and Standards of
Practice, 3rd Edition.
3. Examine indicators an individual demonstrates in claiming accountability for competent
1pm-3pm: Rev. Carl Anderson
How Do We Provide Spiritual Care for People with Dementia?
Aging, with its many challenges, is often a time when spiritual resources and emotional support are vitally important to the elderly and their families. Partnering with faith-based organizations in the community, Masonicare will provide clergy and laity with education and training so that they can provide pastoral care and spiritual and educational resources to the caregivers and family members of seniors with dementia and age-related illnesses. Attendees will receive:
- Develop a clearer understanding of dementia and age-related illnesses;
- Apply guidance learned related to how your congregation or faith-based organization can minister to this underserved population.
*CNE is pending. If approved, full day attendees will receive 5.0 continuing nursing education credits