Part Time Church Administrative Assistant - Durham, CT
United Churches of Durham is seeking an Administrative Assistant to perform admin tasks, accounts payable, and database maintenance. Our church office is friendly and casual. Experience in church office or admin work preferred. 10-12 hours a week, $15-20 hourly, based on experience. This job begins in late August/early September.
Resume and references can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, June 7th .
- Strong people and care skills
- Maintain confidentially as required in a church setting
- Exhibit loyalty to the ministry efforts of the church
- Cultivate a welcome and caring environment
- Maintain a professional atmosphere
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, analytic, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
- High comfort level with email, websites, social media, Google docs and graphics
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, database entry, and ability to operate office equipment
- Team player who works well with others
- High School diploma or equivalent
Clerical and Creative Tasks:
- Prepare the weekly church bulletin, including preparation and copying, for regular Sunday services and special services as may be scheduled (weddings, funerals, holiday services). Deliver bulletins and large print readings for liturgists to sanctuary.
- Maintain church database with regular entry of new members, updating member information, attendance, and giving.
- Prepare documents/pamphlets and visual materials to promote church events. (create flyers, graphics, sign-up sheet, etc.).
- Update information as needed on church bulletin boards, website and social media
- Check and deliver mail
- Prepare the church’s e-newsletter via Mail Chimp, mail hard copies to members without email, and make copies available in the church Narthex
- Prepare the church’s Charge Conference and Annual Meeting reports
- Order and maintain appropriate levels of office supplies
- Answer phones, maintain answering machine messaging, and check these routinely in the event of pastoral emergencies.
- Maintain church calendar in both Google calendar and hard copy.
Building Administrator Tasks:
- Maintain Rental Agreements for church spaces. Communicate with pastor, Trustees and others about requested rentals and building access needs.
- Assist Trustees as needed, arrange appointments, maintenance service, etc.
- Communicate regularly with cleaning service of all scheduled events and special cleaning services needed
- Oversee proper maintenance of all office and church equipment, including all maintenance scheduling with third parties in consult with the Trustees
- Coordinate/prepare church accounts payable in consult with the Treasurers.
Contact: Jeanette Hicks
228 Main St Durham CT 06437