Music Coordinator - Trumbull (Unity Hill)
Job Summary: Seeking individual to coordinate music for Sunday morning worship service. Provide planning and delivery of musical aspects of service to support the growth of Unity Hill UCC. Instruments available include pipe organ, 2 pianos and 3 octave handbells. Chalice Hymnal used primarily. Engage with parishioners and youth for choral or instrumental pieces to integrate music diversity.
- Reports to Pastor with oversight by Board of Deacons
- 1/8 time, approx. 5hrs per week – may expand as program grows. No choirs active currently.
- Salary based on experience and if able to play organ or use guest organists.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO), including 2 Sundays.
- If Music Coordinator is unable to attend a service when prior notice is available, such as vacation, the coordinator will arrange a substitute at least two weeks in advance with communication to the Pastor and the Office Admin.
- Planning and delivery of weekly worship music elements under direction of Pastor, which includes
- Minimum of monthly coordination with Pastor
- Integration of part time soloist and music diversity into weekly service
- Timely communication with office admin for preparation of weekly bulletin
- Special services include Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday and Christmas Eve.
- Involve choral and instrumental performers
- Recruitment of singers and players, either parishioners or guests
- Increase congregational familiarity with new music to augment Chalice Hymnal selections
- Conduct rehearsals as needed and communicate directly with performers using method agreed to by all
- Regular Use/Incorporation of Organ into Service
- If music coordinator can play organ – use regularly as liturgically appropriate
- If music coordinator cannot play organ – arranging periodic guest performers
Contact: Pastor Todd Shipley
364 White Plains Rd Trumbull 06611