Director of Faith Formation - Westbrook
First Congregational Church of Westbrook
1166 Boston Post Road, Westbrook CT 06498
Director of Faith Formation
Part time 25 hours
Who We Are: We are a medium-large sized congregation that has been in Westbrook since 1726. Our members come from many shoreline towns. We are a blend of natives and newcomers. We are a covenantal church of persons who in their diversity of faith agree to walk together in all of God’s ways. We recognize Jesus Christ as the head of the church and the Bible as our guide to faith and life.
Who You Are: A person of faith committed to fostering faith formation for all ages. A collaborative leader that is able to direct and support ministry teams to accomplish faith formation goals. A person who can lead and educate children, youth and adults. A person who is always seeking growth in their own relationship with God, who is enthusiastic and passionate about the work of the church. Ability to work alongside our full-time pastor to promote the mission and vision of our congregation, while being creative in your thinking about ways to help us as a congregation to meet the goals outlined during our Season of Discernment in 2018 (see attached document).
- A friendly, enthusiastic, flexible team player with a spiritual maturity that works well in Christian fellowship.
- Possess a call and a passion for working with children, youth and families.
- Personable and outgoing with an ability to relate well to people and recruit them into the ministries for which they are gifted.
- A strong desire to nurture all ages of the Christian faith.
- Possess strong organization, administration, written and verbal communication skills. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and respond appropriately to changing situations.
- Adept at email, electronic presentation software, Microsoft Word, Facebook, and other relevant technologies used by the team.
- Bilingual in Spanish (desired but not required)
- Be present on Sunday mornings.
- Partner with the Board of Faith Formation to develop and oversee faith-based faith formation programs for all ages.
- Plan and oversee Sunday School including curriculum development, registration, classroom maintenance, recruitment, and management of teachers and assistants.
- Start a monthly children’s worship service during Sunday School.
- Support and oversee the leaders of our Youth Group by helping with organizational tasks, providing direction and facilitating communication.
- Connect with local churches to explore expanding our Youth Group. Work with Board of Faith Formation, staff and other lay leaders to pursue congregational goal of expanding our Youth Group through active outreach into the wider community.
- Work actively with families with children to ensure their needs are being met and Sunday School is a welcoming and safe space for all children.
- Along with the Pastor and other lay leaders, continue and grow our small group ministry by offering opportunities to expand our knowledge and faith.
- Oversee the Board of Faith Formation budget.
- Be an active member of the staff team, working closely with the Pastor and other staff members, including attending monthly staff meetings and other opportunities to build staff rapport and teamwork.
Compensation in accordance with UCC Guidelines
Send resume to email@example.com
Contact: Karen Amendola
1166 Boston Post Road Westbrook CT 06498