The First Church of Christ of Woodbridge, United Church of Christ, is an Open and Affirming congregation called to live and share the hope of the Gospel with an increasingly fractured world. We believe the building of relationships and our formation as Christ’s disciples to be fundamental to our calling.
We are searching for a Director of Christian Education (DCE) who is passionate about the Gospel, committed to shaping disciples of Christ, willing to take on challenges, take risks, and who desires to seek and explore with us the mystery of God in service to the world.
To this end, the DCE will be responsible for:
* Organizing and implementing Christian educational experiences for children, youth and adults, including youth programming and confirmation
* Recruiting and training leaders for these programs
* Developing community outreach efforts
* Creating robust use of social media and website
* Integrating Christian education programming with Sunday and other worship experiences.
The pastor and Board of Christian Education commit ourselves to supporting and partnering with the DCE in working to fulfill this calling. This is a part-time position of 15-20 hrs/week for 46-48 weeks. Compensation: $15-$20/hr. Church will provide mileage, reimbursement of expenses and professional development.
Contact: the Rev. Shepard Parsons
Address: 5 Meetinghouse Lane Woodbridge CT 06525
Phone: mobile 203-530-3446