Coordinator of Faith Formation and Congregational Care - New Britain, CT (First)
Job Title Coordinator of Faith Formation and Congregational Care
The Faith Formation and Congregational Care coordinator will be a partner to develop and implement programs with a focus on opportunities for members of all ages to experience the love of God, to grow in faith and to demonstrate faith in mission and service to others.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement faith formation programs for youth and families.
- Collaborate with the Christian Education Committee (CE) and Minister to select or develop curriculum materials.
- Provide leadership for all aspects of volunteer management including recruitment, training, and support of teachers, the nursery staff and other church school workers.
- Plan and facilitate worship services for Children’s Sunday and the Christmas Pageant, as well as other opportunities for young people to be involved in worship leadership.
- Work with Minister to develop and implement the Confirmation Program as needed.
- Develop and implement opportunities for members and friends (with focus on youth/young adults) to be involved in mission and service in the wider community, in collaboration with the Minister, the CE Committee and other boards/committees
- Develop opportunities for intergenerational connections within the congregation
- Oversee development of activities and programs of congregational care; including visitation, identifying specific needs and concerns and coordinate outreach.
- Attend staff meetings; monthly Church Council as agreed upon
- Coordinate calendar of events with Minister, other church staff, boards/committees
- Develop, implement and monitor the CE Budget
- Prepare Monthly newsletter article and Annual Report
- Hire and supervise Nursery Attendant(s)
- Work with Minister and Council to ensure the Church Safety Policies are followed.
- Experience working with youth, young adults and families in Faith Formation (Christian Education) or other related field
- Effective communicator, comfortable using a range of technologies to communicate.
- Organized, self-directed team player
- Ability to develop and maintain healthy relationships with members and friends of the congregation.
- BS Degree or equivalent
12-15 hours per week. 3 Sundays per month, 1st
Sunday in worship; 2nd
Sunday with children. Schedule to be determined in collaboration with Minister. This is an hourly position:
$ 18.00-$ 20.00/hour; commensurate with experience
Conditions of Employment
This position is subject to the general personnel policies of First Church of Christ, Congregational. Completion of a criminal background check and training in the church’s Policy for a Safe Church is mandatory before employment begins.
Please send cover letter and resume to Rev. Margret Hofmeister at: email@example.com
Contact: Rev. Margret Hofmeister
830 Corbin Avenue New Britain 06052