Church School Superintendent - Trumbull
Title: Church School Superintendent
Purpose: Creatively oversee and operate a small but evolving program of Christian education for grades K-8 in cooperation with the church’s emphasis on increased volunteer participation.
- Recruit, equip and resource adult volunteer teachers with curriculum materials and general supplies
- Serve as head teacher as necessary
- Order curriculum in collaboration with the pastor
- Register students and provide families with necessary information for participation
- Keep accurate records, rosters, and contact information for students, parents, and adult volunteers
- Write articles as needed for the church newsletter, prepare Sunday bulletin announcements, create bulletin board displays to promote church school program
- Work with the pastor to evaluate current programs and develop new ways of carrying out tasks
- Plan and implement special programs with the church school in cooperation with pastor
- Implement and manage compliance with our Safe Church policy
- Plan, direct, and produce the Christmas pageant and assist with other opportunities for children to participate in the worship service
- Facilitate summertime educational programming for children, assuming support from the congregation
- Maintain virtual office hours and communicate expeditiously with staff and church members.
- Oversee nursery care and upkeep
An appealing candidate will have strong interpersonal and organizational skills along with a love for children and a desire to cultivate faith through education and participation in the life of the church.
- Prior experience with children is preferred.
- The position is year round.
- Annual salary is $8,000
- The Church School Superintendent is expected to be present 46 Sundays per year. Two week’s notice to the pastor is required when the Superintendent is not available.
- The Church School Superintendent reports to the Pastor
- Termination of this agreement requires 30 days notice by either party.
Contact: Tim Hare
3115 Reservoir Avenue Trumbull CT 06611