Part Time Admin Assistant - CT Conference UCC
Connecticut Conference, United Church of Christ
General Responsibilities: This position is a part-time position (25 hours per week) which provides administrative and program support to three ministries of the Conference. The main components of the position include support for the Regional Ministers, the Racial Justice Ministry and the Consolidated Trust Fund.
Skills: The qualified individual would be very organized, detail oriented, and skilled at multi-tasking and time management. Strong computer skills with proficiency in excel and word, as well as good communication skills are essential.
Accountability: Professional accountability is to the Executive Assistant to the Conference Minister who is responsible for supervision, evaluation and tenure of employment.
Ecclesiology: The Administrative Assistant is a member of the Support Staff Team and works collegially with the entire staff team.
CTF (Consolidated Trust Fund) Support (5 hours per week)
- Create reports – import data into Excel and organize into standard and custom reports.
- Maintain files (mostly digital, some paper)
- Handle routine correspondence with CTF participants.
- Support for Investment Committee – assist with agenda and meeting materials.
Racial Justice Ministries (RJM) Support (10 hours per week)
- Coordinate racial justice trainings by securing location, creating registration template and ensuring food and beverage.
- Logistics for RJM events (phone calls, copying, emailing, filing, etc.)
- Note taker and point person for meetings such as Revival planning group and RJM task team meetings.
- Create and maintain data base of all UCC clergy in CTUCC who have taken and/or are scheduled to participate in a RJ training.
- Assist with the JCT (Joseph Clemmons Job Training program) which includes scheduling interviews with candidates and providing support services to the program.
Regional Ministry (RM) support (10 hours per week)
- Respond to email, telephone, and mail inquiries about events, resources and church needs. Assist with thank you notes and recognition letters.
- Scan church newsletters for celebrations and conflict; watch for appropriate items to publicize to a broader audience.
- Generate database reports as requested.
- Provide support to the RM and local search committees with neutral pulpit requests and mock interviews. Keep accurate records of churches in transition and coordinate information with Conference Registrar.
- Assist with office wide tasks including mailings and proofreading.
- Provide administrative assistance at Conference wide gatherings
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor
Qualified individuals should send their resume, letter of intent and 2-3 references by NOVEMBER 30, 2018 to:
Sioux Wilusz, email@example.com
, or mail them to
CT Conference UCC 125 Sherman St., Hartford CT 06105 Attn: Sioux Wilusz
Contact: Sioux Wilusz
125 Sherman St Hartford CT 06105
Phone: (860) 761-7109
Attached file(s): view file