Full-time Coordinator of Programs - Avon (non-UCC)
St. Matthew Lutheran Church (SMLC) in Avon, Connecticut is recruiting a Coordinator of Programs. The Coordinator of Programs is a person of committed faith, with a passion to further the mission of SMLC through intergenerational programming. This position is responsible for the creation, development, and implementation of programming, with a focus on the needs of younger members, which include but are not limited to Education, Fellowship, and Outreach.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- Provide primary oversight of the educational programs of the church, including Sunday School, Youth Group, Youth mission trips and the National Youth Gathering, Adult Forum, and other opportunities.
- Collaborate with church staff and committees to provide leadership on the design, staffing, and implementation of programs, ministries, classes, and events.
- Coordinate and plan the calendar of events – which include Education, Fellowship, and Outreach – and clearly communicate these opportunities to the congregation.
- Develop new offerings, programs, and partnerships that serve under-represented groups in our church and reach beyond the walls of SMLC.
- Assess the needs of ministries and programs to ensure that appropriate resources are available and utilized, including the recruitment and training of volunteers.
- Attend appropriate staff, committee, and council meetings to stay in touch with the needs of the parish and community.
- Provide reports of activities to Church Council on a monthly basis.
- Perform other various duties as assigned.
- Passion for sharing the Good News of Jesus in word and deed.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in ministry or related field (e.g. religion, education, psychology, sociology, or human resources).
- 3+ years of experience teaching, training, and motivating in a corporate, non-profit and/or ministry setting.
- Proven organizational, leadership, communication, diplomatic, and people skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of technology and social media.
Interested individuals may apply by sending cover letter and resume to SMLCjobopening@gmail.com.
- Market competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and retirement.
- Reasonable reimbursement for pursuit of ELCA certifications is negotiable.
Contact: Rev Julie Reuning-Scherer
224 Lovely St Avon CT 06001
Attached file(s): view file