On June 16 - 17, 2017, at a joint Annual Meeting
, delegates from the Connecticut, Massachusetts and Rhode Island conferences voted decisively to move ahead toward forming a new, joint Conference.
(The resolution that was approved, and the case for it from the Boards of Directors, can be found here.
A Together, As One
planning team, comprised of members from each of the three Boards of Directors and staff, began meeting in July to work on the unified Conference proposal.
Vision, Mission & Purpose Statement
Their first action was to develop a Vision, Mission & Purpose statement for the new unified Conference. You can download the statement here, along with a conversation guide to help you discuss this document in your church.
The team has established an email address – firstname.lastname@example.org
– which anyone is welcome to use to reach the group with comments or questions. Public comments are also welcome at the bottom of this page.
Team members, including subcommittee assignments:
- Kent Siladi, Conference Minister, Vision-Mission-Purpose/Communications
- Bridget Fidler, Board Chair, Staffing
- Marilyn Kendrix, Board Vice-Chair, Vision-Mission-Purpose/Communications
- Jocelyn Gardner-Spencer, Board Representative, Vision-Mission-Purpose/Communications
- Jeff Gallagher, Board Representative, Finance
- Jim Antal, Conference Minister & President, Governance
- Corey Sanderson, Board Chair, Vision-Mission-Purpose/Communications
- Lynne Dolan, Board Vice Chair, Staffing
- Philomena Hare, Board Representative, Finance
- Michael McSherry, Board Representative, Governance
- Linda Mesler, Vice Moderator, Governance
- Barbara Libby, Interim Conference Minister, Staffing
- Frances Munro, Board Chair, Governance
- Cleo Graham, Board Vice Chair, Vision-Mission-Purpose/Communications
- Dale Azevedo, Board Representative, Finance
- Linda Sable, Committee on Ministry, Staffing
Tiffany Vail, Associate Conference Minister for Communications for the three Conferences, Vision-Mission-Purpose/Communications
For background information, visit the Together, As One page
developed prior to the vote.