One thing the United Church of Christ has plenty of, and that's opinions. This section of the Connecticut Conference web site is a forum for member opinions on nearly any subject: social customs, moral teachings, political issues, spiritual beliefs. Theological reflections may be found in another section of this site. Instructions for submitting items for this section are found at the foot of this page.
Opinions published here do not necessarily reflect those of the Missionary Society of Connecticut, the Connecticut Conference, the United Church of Christ, its member churches, or any person whatsoever other than the author of the piece. To avoid possible entanglements with federal tax laws, political endorsements of particular candidates are not published here.
- To avoid entanglement with federal tax law, no submission that endorses a specific candidate will be posted.
- Offensive language will not be posted.
- Pieces that employ offensive stereotypes based on race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or sexual orientation will not be posted. These issues are open for discussion in a reasoned, polite manner.
- Pieces will be edited for spelling but not grammar. Your use of language is your own.
- Pieces that have been rejected will not be returned (see submission methods below), but notice of the rejection and its reason will be presented to the author.
- Pieces must be the work of the author, and quotations from other works must be duly cited. If a work is demonstrated to have plagiarized another author, it will be immediately removed.
- The webmaster will only accept submissions in electronic format. No paper copies will be considered.
- Pieces may be rejected for excessive length.
All submissions remain the property of their respective authors. Submission for publication in this section confers the right of the Missionary Society of Connecticut to publish the piece on this site. No other publication rights are conferred other than fair use under United States copyright law.
Pieces will be removed from this site periodically to conserve storage space. Pieces will remain on the site for at least sixty (60) days. If an author requests removal before that time, the request will be honored.
The following file types are preferred:
|File Type ||DOS/Windows extension
|Plain Text (ASCII): ||.txt
|Rich Text Format: ||.rtf
|Microsoft Word: ||.doc
|AppleWorks/ClarisWorks 5 & 6: ||.cwk
Portable Document Format (PDF) files will be accepted, but they will be posted as is, without editing.
Send your file in an email attachment to: email@example.com, with the subject "Opinion."