Part-time Contemporary Worship Leader - Litchfield (First)
Purpose of the Position:
Worship is integral to the life and ministry of First Congregational Church of Litchfield. The Part-time Contemporary Worship Leader provides direction to contemporary worship teams at FCC.
- Passion for contemporary worship, music and the arts and a desire to lead others into a transforming encounter with God in worship.
- Gifted musician with experience leading worship teams in a contemporary worship setting.
- Play guitar, keyboard, or other instrument normally associated with contemporary worship music in a congregational setting.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and train developing musicians.
- Reports to the Senior Pastor
- Works cooperatively with other members of the staff and Worship and Music Ministry Team
- Leads and supports the volunteer worship team members
- Plan contemporary worship in consultation with Pastor
- Provide vocal and instrumental worship leadership on a weekly basis for contemporary worship
- Recruit and train musicians as potential worship team members
- Rehearse, support, and supervise Contemporary Worship Ministry Team
- Meets regularly with Pastor and Worship and Music Ministry Team
Three hours a week
The Part-time Director of Contemporary Worship is an at-will employment status, as such the employee is free to resign any time without reason. FCC reserves the right to terminate employment at any time with or without reason or notice. Nothing contained in this job description should be construed as a guarantee that employment or any other benefit will continue for any period of time.
If you are interested in this position, please forward a cover letter along with a resume to Janet Hauer at First Congregational Church, PO Box 386, Litchfield, CT 06759. Electronic submissions may be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact: Janet Hauer
P.O. Box 386 21 Torrington Road Litchfield CT 06759