Leader of Children & Youth Ministry —Granby (First)
First Congregational Church of Granby (FCC) is seeking a part-time Leader of Children and Youth Ministry to develop and implement a robust program of Christian formation and spiritual exploration for children and youth with support of this theologically progressive congregation.
First Church expects the Leader of Children and Youth Ministry to:
- Implement programming for high school youth that includes weekly meetings of G Crew (high
school group that includes both FCC members and other teens in the Granby community), plan
and lead mission trips, and develop other outreach experiences.
- Collaborate with South Church on joint social events, service opportunities, and retreats for high
- Teach and work with volunteers to work with children grades K-6 in our Sunday school, the One
Room Schoolhouse, and create ways to reach beyond curricular materials to actively engage children in exploring “God-Sightings,” those everyday events which catch our breath and give us pause.
- Explore alternative children and youth gathering models and times to increase participation.
- Through example and directed activities, encourage children, youth and families to strengthen
relationships within FCC and with the local and global community.
- · Experience with youth leadership
- · Embrace of diversity and divergent views
- · Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with children and youth of all ages
- · Demonstrated ability to organize, communicate and coordinate with volunteers and church
leaders; team player
- · Flexibility and creative out-of-the-box thinking
- · Ability to meet children and youth on their terms and turf
- · Able to adapt to a variety of developmental and behavioral needs
- · Sensitivity to life crises
- · Maturity, emotional security, compassion and caring
- · Formal education: BA, MA and/or theological training
- · Teaching experience
- · Participation in ecumenical relationships with a focus on children and youth
The salary and benefits associated with this position will depend on experience and other desired characteristics, and will assume a 25-hour work week.
First Congregational Church, UCC, Granby, is an Equal Opportunity employer and is an Open and Affirming congregation.
For more information, visit the FCC website at www.firstchurchgranby.org or find FCC on Facebook. To apply, please email a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is July 31, 2017.
Contact: Linda Betsch
219 North Granby Road Granby CT 06035
Attached file(s): view file