Purpose: To provide overall leadership in educational and formational ministry including guidance and resources for youth programs and the church school.
Summary of Responsibilities
• Physical presence on Sunday mornings and afternoons;
• Consistent and predictable office hours;
• Create and execute a communication plan across relevant platforms;
• Plan at least one youth mission trip per year;
• Attend meetings of the Christian Education Board and implement its agenda; and
• Attend staff meetings and as required.
• Create and defend annual budget requests to the Christian Education Board, Church Council and Congregation; and,
• Order and maintain inventory of supplies and materials to meet needs.
• Develop sustained experiences in the form, content, methodology and scheduling of religious educational experiences for children and youth;
• Implement, coordinate and supervise special programming including holiday and faith formation programs; and,
• Coordinate with Pastor and Church Council a program of faith confirmation.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is preferred; graduate or further professional education and certification is desirable.
• Demonstrated commitment to the Christian faith.
• Particular skill at connecting with middle school through high school age youth.
• Two years administering a formal program of child and youth development preferred.
• The ideal candidate will have direct experience in the administration of educational programming in a church environment or Christian organization.
Description of Employment and Compensation
Salary is $26,000. 48-week position. Flexible schedule. One summer month off plus vacation, sick and personal days. Access to group healthcare plan.
Submit Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Daniel Weiss, Search Committee Chair
Address: 280 Country Club Road Avon CT 06001
Attached file(s): view file